Practice Abdominal Breathing FOR BEING IN THE MOMENT AND MANAGING DIFFICULT PHYSICAL AND EMOTIONAL SENSATIONS
- Relax the shoulders and lift up in the chest bone.
- Breathe into the low belly, below the navel.
- When you breathe in, the belly expands and goes out.
- When you breathe out, the belly empties and goes inwards.
- Breathe in a long, slow, deep, full, even breath.
- Breathe out a long, slow, complete exhalation.
- Empty out the belly and lungs. The relaxation occurs on the exhalation.
- Repeat this cycle for a few minutes in the morning and evening.
- Abdominal breathing cannot be overdone.
- Practice in a concentrated way at least twice a day and whenever it comes to mind.
Practice several times daily