Give yourself and your loved ones the best gift of all by focusing on the magic and true spirit of the holiday season. Often busyness, expectations and multitasking eclipse the essence of the holidays. Savor the holiday season and create new memories.
- Take care of yourself. You’ll have more good energy to share with others. Schedule time for rest, bubble baths, walks, and writing in your journal. A little self-nurturing can go a long way.
- Slow down. Focus on deepening connections with friends and family instead of filling your time with meaningless errands and stuff.
- Think gratitude. Thank those who have helped or supported you throughout the year. A visit, personal note or phone call can be really make a difference in communicating your appreciation and strengthening a relationship.
- Focus on the good in others. Recognize the unique gifts that each of your friends and family members bring to your life.
- Be patient. During the holiday season it is sometimes easy to let the lines, traffic, parking and other situations irritate us. Rather than getting aggravated, take some deep breaths and be in the moment.
- Forgive someone who disappointed or hurt you. Remember forgiving another benefits you more than the person who let you down. In fact, forgiveness is one of the keys to happiness.
- Practice random acts of kindness. Help those less fortunate and reach out to whomever – just because.
- Celebrate your accomplishments. Take time with your family and your friends to revel in whatever good fortune you’ve had as you usher in another holiday season.
- Eat smart. Yummy foods abound during this time of year. Appreciate the bounty and enjoy. You can still stay conscious of your choices and portion control.
- Don’t worry. Be happy!!!
Wishing you all a safe, happy, love-filled holiday season.
With love and inspiration,