Women & Leadership in Healthcare
Women physicians and other trained health care professionals often think of self-care as indulgent or “selfish”. Self-care is typically that behavior we engage in after all of the other responsibilities and obligations have been handled.
Making self-care a distant cousin to our own well-being doesn’t serve us as leaders or healers. Nor does it serve the people in our lives who count on us in the personal or professional realms.
Studies reveal that physicians often struggle with burnout, depression, divorce, and substance abuse. Burnt out doctors are not only hurting but they can be alienating their patients along with all of the other people in their lives.
The question is: What are doctors and other medical providers doing to promote their own self-care and wellness?
Making Time for Self-CareIt’s not easy to make the time for self-care in an already oversubscribed life. Discipline, motivation, and a commitment to integrate these activities into one’s daily life are required.That said, it is possible and the benefits derived from even small measures of self-care can have life-altering results. Your self-care creates a healing space for you and all of the people with whom you connect. What you do as a leader in health care- regardless of your level of leadership impacts your clinics, operating rooms, private practices, hospitals, and academic institutions.It starts with us. When we walk the walk and begin to internalize behaviors that foster true health and wellness we become more effective and compassionate leaders, partners, parents, physicians, and friends.
Don’t Go it AloneIt turns out that connecting with others in a supportive environment is one of the keys to self-care. As you probably know that’s when the endorphins and oxytocin kicks in.Yet so many of us go it alone especially when in comes to women’s leadership in the medical world. Consider this: We are stronger, happier, and more enlivened together. This is why I’ve created an intimate online group program for Women Healthcare Leaders.
This program is about you becoming the leader of your life and making sure that while making a difference in the lives of others that you value and honor your own needs, desires, and life vision.
In this 12-month training program, you’ll learn to create a life of purpose and passion that exhilarates rather than depletes; that connects you to others rather than keeps you feeling isolated.
Discover how to live your vision for the big picture. Learn to:
- Prioritize what you want to do with your one precious life.
- Operationalize and integrate personal growth skills and strategies.
- Develop effective, non-time-consuming self-care and personal growth that can be woven into your busy day.
- To meet the ongoing demands of work with more calm, connection, and presence.
- Build your Personal Strategic Plan that considers factors in all aspects of your life’s vision.
- Strengthen your relationships with your partner, family, friends, and colleagues.
- Deepen emotional intelligence making limited time with patients more meaningful and connected.
- Communicate with others in your organization at every level of the strata as a compassionate leader.
- Hone your abilities for excellence rather than perfectionism.
- Build more fun, adventure, and memorable experiences into personal life.
- Get the support you need to lead your best possible life…now.
What can you expect from this program?
- Learn your “why” about whatever it is that matters deeply to you. Clarity about your why will become your North Star as you make decisions and move forward in your life.
- Gain clarity about your unique abilities, gifts, and vulnerabilities.
- Build self-worth, self-compassion, and self-care strategies.
- Strengthen your communication skills and develop a stronger support system.
- Access and amplify your leadership skills.
- Uncover what you want for your life now and in the future.
- Get support from like-minded souls as you gain insight, skills and strategies while growing your community.
Mindset, Psychological and Emotional Fitness
This training program will help your psychological and emotional fitness to flourish. With the right mindset you’ll build the necessary fortitude, agility and flexibility to live a life that is truly in alignment with your life’s vision. More than likely you’ll notice other areas of your life improving in ways that you might not yet be able to imagine.
Develop Your Unique Vision
Getting clear on your life’s vision is a process that is derived from all of the information gathered in previous steps. Your unique vision is the culmination of your dreams and goals put into action. This means that regardless of current circumstances that every day you’ll be moving closer to the creation of a life of health, happiness meaning and purpose. Time to get started!
What’s included in this 12-month training?
- 3x per month live training group calls/meetings with Live Q & A (60 mins each). Each session will be recorded so that you won’t be missing out if you can’t attend a particular meeting.
- Monthly laser coaching calls & email support as needed.
- Training modules, materials & recommendations: Books, Videos, Podcasts, exercises, worksheets, articles etc will be included throughout the program
- Community of like-minded supportive leaders & visionaries
- Copy of Behind the Therapy Door: Simple Strategies to Transform Your life
- Access to Private FB Group for coaching & group support. This will be a confidential space where you can connect with each other regarding personal and professional issues.
- Three-day Mastermind on Martha’s Vineyard (lodging, food and travel not included—date and time TBD). This will be a deep dive into the material with opportunities to connect and ample time to savor the magnificence of the Vineyard.
There is a great deal to teach, process and integrate in 12 months—therefore your commitment is essential. The results have everything to do with your level of participation. If you’re ready to catapult yourself into the next phase of life then I encourage you strongly to sign up for this training.
Class begins the 3rd week of January & lasts 1 year
Each month: 3 live 1-hr classes with Q & A (recorded)
Private monthly laser coaching sessionsExclusive FB group with ongoing supportTraining modules, materials, recommendations3-Day Mastermind with other Women Leaders and Visionaries on Martha’s Vineyard*Please note that I will be applying for CMEs for this training.$500 reserves your spot$847/month: Early Bird Special (purchased before Dec 15)(a $1,200 savings)$947/month (purchased after Dec 15)
I’m available to discuss this further with anyone who is interested in learning more about this training program or who is ready to commit. I can be reached at 508.479.1168 or Randy@DrRandyKamen.com
About Dr. Randy Kamen
Randy Kamen, Ed.D., psychologist, educator, and speaker has pioneered new territory in mind-body medicine at Boston University’s School of Medicine and Harvard’s Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital. She is the author of the Amazon Bestseller, Behind the Therapy Door: Simple Strategies to Transform Your Life. Dr. Kamen is committed to teaching women how to thrive by developing inner strength, self-compassion, successful relationships while creating their best lives.
Dr. Kamen presents at universities, women’s conferences, corporations, and health spas on breath work, resilience, relationships, gratitude, work-life balance, leadership, aging, and transformation.
- Dr. Kamen presents at universities, women’s conferences, corporations, and health spas on breath work, resilience, relationships, gratitude, work-life balance, leadership, aging, and transformation.
- She appears on TV, radio, and in major print and online publications and is a regular contributor to the Huffington Post.
- Dr. Kamen serves as adjunct faculty at Harvard Medical School.
- She recently launched BlueberryFieldsMV, a facility for women’s workshops and retreats on Martha’s Vineyard.
- She also has her own weekly show “Strategies to Spark Your Week” on MVTV.
- Stay tuned for her tele-summit in late January about “Finding Fulfillment and Joy in Midlife.” She’ll be bringing together leaders from around the globe for this awesome event!
Copyright – Dr. Randy Kamen